Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things...




Anyone who really knows me, knows that baking is probably my all-time favorite pastime.  King Arthur Flour posted a recipe for Popovers that they are hoping to be one of their "Guaranteed" recipes and asked readers of the blog to make them and give some feedback on how they turned out.  As you can see, they "popped" and were golden brown.  This was my first time making popovers, so I think the recipe is a winner.

Here's another of my favorites...my little Freddie.  Apparently the room wasn't quite dark enough and he felt the need to cover his face.  Isn't he adorable????


And last but not least, I love to walk.  This week I grabbed my camera and headed off down a trail near the house.  I took bunches of pictures of anything I thought to be interesting and enjoyed myself thoroughly.  I saw several different types of birds, a deer in the forest and tons of flowers.  If I go around dusk, there are dozens of rabbits out, too.


2 comments:

Mommy said...

Ahhh, I miss my friend and how you make everything better and I am so jealous of your alone and relaxing giving back to yourself time!

The Prochniak's said...

your time will come! Come visit and you can have a day at the spa while I spend time with my favorite munchkins! One of these days I'll convince you to come:)