Monday, May 21, 2007

Week of the Eagles Air Show


Last week was the Week of the Eagles here at Fort Campbell. It finished up Saturday with an air show and free concert later Saturday evening. Here are a few pics, courtesy of Paige. I remembered the camera, forgot to put the card in it though:) Good thing I have backup!

The picture above is of some WWII reenactments. They dropped people from WWII era planes and then they engaged the Germans on the ground using authentic equipment from that time. It was very interesting because they had two WWII veterans narrating the entire drama and sharing interesting facts and their own memories.

This was everyone's favorite plane. It was restored by Hollywood after years of service and used up until the late 90's. Now it's flown all over the country at air shows like ours.

I have no idea if this is a C-130 or a C-141 or whatever. Scott, I'm sure, will enlighten us after he checks the blog. Suffice it to say that it's BIG.


There was an aeronautics show that was very exciting. It was amazing to watch this guy do his tricks. Lots of diving, cutting the engines and flips. Paige couldn't watch after awhile because she felt sick to her stomach!

1 comment:

The Prochniak's said...

It's a C-17. The luxury cargo aircraft of the fleet. I flew from Campbell Army Airfield to Kandahar Afghanistan on one of those. It was non-stop, they even did inflight refueling!