Monday, May 14, 2007

Planes, Trains, Automobiles and a Cruise
I thought I would share a few pictures of vacation. Jamie and I had a fun, relaxing time. We managed to pack a lot into eight days of vacation. Here are a few of the highlights. I'll try not to bore you to tears:)



We started our trip out in Paso Robles, CA with our cousins, Bruce and Donna and our Auntie Lillian. Bruce and Donna picked up a Wii game console for the grandkids, so naturally, we had to try it out.



We took an unexpected sidetrip to Las Vegas with Bruce and Donna. We had gotten into a conversation about Barry Manilow which led to us watching a dvd with Barry Manilow, which led to a conversation about how nice it would be to have free hotel room and take a spur of the moment trip to Vegas. Next thing we knew, Donna was waving a free hotel room card around and we were packing our bags! Talk about being spontaneous! You can see the Strip in Vegas behind us. Our room was fantastic and we had a great time bowling in the new 72 lane bowling alley and getting a lesson from Bruce on how to play Mr. Cashman:)


Jamie and me looking lovely in our life vests at the mandatory drill before setting sail. We made our way from Vegas to the port in Los Angeles on Tuesday.


The pool deck on the ship. This is the only time we were up there, aside from a morning walk. Silly us to think that it would be warm!

The Java Cafe' on deck 7. We sat there a couple of the nights and listened to a group of musicians play. For some reason we were the youngest people there!


Just one of the beautiful sunsets that we were able to enjoy on the cruise.




We were treated to this rainbow one day. If you look REALLY hard, you'll see a fishing boat at the end of the rainbow. Not quite the pot of gold...well, maybe that's what they were fishing for.


This is at the pier in Astoria, OR. Always to be remembered as the place where I got the best Iced Mocha I have ever had...and I've had a lot. We pulled in a few hours late because we had bad weather during the night, so our time there was a little short. I would love to make a return trip and explore it more. I'm actually standing in the parking lot of an old cannery that has been converted to a hotel. Jamie and Tim stayed there for a weekend in the beginning of April. Imagine her surprise when we pulled up right next to it at the pier!

The port in Vancouver, BC. I won't bore you with the details, but it was a very long process getting off the ship. Vancouver seems like a very nice place. We weren't there for very long. Another place I wouldn't mind going back to.

Our comfy accomodations on the Amtrak. We had a three hour ride in to Everett, WA where Tim picked us up at the station. The scenery was beautiful. I had forgotten how pretty it was out there.

No comments: