Friday, May 18, 2007

Korea?
So when I started asking people who had been here what it was like I heard a lot about the rice fields and the mine fields.... Well, things may have changed just a little. This is a view of the same place people were describing to me. They are building everywhere here. They actually had to move the walls of the camp in so they could put a six lane highway past the camp to reach the new buildings. Its not quite as country as I thought it was going to be.

At the bottom of the picture you can see the wall to the camp. It has wire on top of it so no one will climb over and the Korean Security Patrol is out all the time.


Here you can see the lights to the giant soccer stadium that is just outside the back gate! I'm sure I will hear the crowd roar when the home team is winning!

My table! OK that is a microwave too! This is a picture of my Living/Kitchen area.

Here you get a better idea of what I have. I ordered a TV stand and the status on the delivery is somewhere inbetween the housing office and the Korean wearhouse! So who know when that will show up. My house hold shipment will be delivered Wednesday afternoon, so I won't be suffering for too long. I'll be glad to get my bike, my feet are starting to hurt from all this walking.

3 comments:

The Prochniak's said...

Looks like you could use a few homey touches. I'll get to work on that! Paige says "poor daddy"

Fulmer Fam said...

I say he has it good, except for that stain, I am not asking and I bet neither is Scott.

Paul said...

The stain does make me wonder what happened to the last tenants... ;)