Sunday, October 01, 2006

Land Between the Lakes


Paige and I went to Land Between the Lakes this weekend with her Girl Scout troop. My first camping trip in a VERY long time. I wasn't looking very forward to it, but as you can see, the view from our campsite was worth the trip. We had a great time.


What happened here? We set up camp in the dark and apparently the girl's tent wasn't quite as straight as we thought it was. It was pretty funny to wake up Saturday and see this tent leaning precariously to one side.


The girls and Miss Connie were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Saturday morning. It was pretty chilly when we woke up, so a little exercise was a good way to get the blood pumping.


Here's Paige finishing up at breakfast. We had fun making camp food and learning some tricks of the trade. First Lesson: Camp food is NOT low fat.


Here are the girls having some fun at the Homeplace. It's a working 1850's farm at LBL that is really neat to go to. We lucked out this weekend because all of the activities at LBL were free as part of a National Park day. We had fun learning about how people lived 150 years ago. The girls were even able to try on period clothing.


Time to break camp.

Ready to roll. The girls didn't want the weekend to end, so I guess they must have had a lot of fun. I know I did. Never thought that I would say that! Now I'm looking forward to the next trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for our first camping trip together in 22 years (Florida w/Uncle Rick) when you all get out here!! We'll be rarin' to go, esp. with the promise of fattening, delicous camp food!

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great!!! I had a blast and you have inspired me to start my own blog. I must confess that I "Pirated" some of these pictures to go on mine.

Thanks so much for the great weekend. I can't wait for the next one either.

"Scout Mom"