Monday, January 08, 2007

Fort Sill, Oklahoma

Welcome to Fort Sill Oklahoma, where the sun is bright and you won't ever have to wait long to hear a "BIG BOOM"

This is the joint where the Army is putting me up for a while. I've actually stayed here before, in 1997 when I was here for the Basic Non-Commisioned Officer's Course. The only thing that has changed is the furniture and now they have internet. Did internet exsist in 1997?

Here is where I'm going to school. I tried to get the whole building in but wasn't working and you didn't miss much. Just pretend you see a large sand colored building with glass doors in the front! OK, now add in a few pieces of old Army stuff laying around in front "On Display" and you have it!


This one is for Paige! She wanted me to go to Braum's Ice Cream becuase we would frequent there quite a bit when we lived in Oklahoma. The good news is that now there is one closer to our old house so if we still lived here we wouldn't have to drive as far. But we don't live here anymore so ..oh well ;-)

Speaking of living in Oklahoma, this is the house were we used to live. It pretty much looks the same, right down to the flag pole holder that I put on the house on Sept 12, 2001. The house on the right didn't used to be there and really doesn't fit in the neighborhood. That used to be a vacant lot, I thought it was more like half of a lot. There is not much yard there!

This is where the kids went to school when we lived here. I wonder if it looks smaller to them now then it did when they went here. I drove past the high school today and thought of LeAnne as the police squad car had people pulled over in the school zone. She'll be glad to know that now there is a school zone sign after the turn on Gore!

And in the end I did find Starbucks! It was right next to the Baymont were Dale and Marty stayed when they visited us! I didn't get a picture of that because I was too excited! Can I have a tall non-fat no whip extra hot vanilla latte please!

No comments: